Friday, April 05, 2013

Monkey's Business in Taman Molek

Shortly after lunch at home, I heard me ma shouted for me in panic. She asked me to have a look at the kitchen. It was wrecked! In just under 10 minutes since we left the kitchen, the whole place looks like a mini tornado has just passed through.

Fridge magnets were torn down from the panel - some were even chewed! The steamed rice on the table was eaten and bits of that were all over the floor. Two bags of me ma's Chinese herbal medicines were dragged from shelf, unto the floor, with signs of torn and snarls. Even the sweets placed on our hall table was not spared. Sweet wrappers were emptied, some, and a bag of pastry has a bite mark.

I rushed over to the back, wanting to see where the damage came from. When I got to the laundry area, I caught a beautiful long, grey tail sneaking out from the house. Just in time to see who was the perpetrator! MONKEY! Aaaarrghhhh!

Admittedly, a very cute one. Slightly bigger than our biggest cat, KB. I laughed. Finding it amusing as this is the first time in a decade plus long of staying here for us. Nor have we ever see any sign of monkey in the surrounding 'hood. Mum was annoyed by my giggles and panic about this invasion. To divert her state of shocked and panic, I swiftly coaxed her to let's clean up the mess first.

Cleaning the mess made by monkey invasion in Taman Molek
THE damages!

The following noon, while me ma was in the kitchen this time, and just when she was worrying about the monkey revisiting our kitchen, she turns her gaze towards the window. To her shock, the monkey is there! Popping his cute furry head and tail down the roof edge above our kitchen windows. Checking me ma at work by the sink! Lawd!

Me ma shouted! Monkey ran off. From my bedroom windows, I should be able to spot this cheeky fella. But he was quick! After the shout - mum asked us to close our bedroom windows because monkey is there - I rushed to my windows and no sight of him! The spot on the roof outside my bedroom window is directly above the kitchen where me ma spotted him.

All I saw was the cables swinging quite a bit and the loud ruckus made by the crows!

I ran to the kitchen, popped my head out of the windows and spotted him, already on the back alley street, few houses down! Caught him on film this time!


Monkey's Business in Taman Molek by lawlessstar

We didn't leave our gaze from that cheeky one. Worrying if he will attempts to return. He was aware of our attentions at him. He attempted to opens my neighbour's kitchen windows and did went into to their 2nd floor's bathroom via that small windows! He came out after 5 minutes. He adjourned to the opposite house through their kitchen windows!

After about 10 plus minutes, we saw our neighbour came running out, armed with a broom, chasing after the monkey! Little cheeky furboy leapt onto the opposite house's roof. Escaped! Furious neighbour of mine even helped the other neighbour closed his kitchen windows.

Mum and I were still watching the monkey closely. Wondering what he was eating. He perched high on the roof, enjoying his takeaway while the crows are unusually annoying towards him! These crows are smart. They know monkey has food. Following him closely might get them a chance to snatch food off from him.

5 minutes later, he is done eating in the furious neighbour's kitchen, with a handful of takeaway he chomped on the roof, he left in style. You can see that in my video above. Hahahaha!

Meshed Up
Taking precaution to deter monkey from entering our kitchen!

I do know the trouble a monkey brings to human residential area. But I cannot help feeling really bad for this little one. Humans are the one who made wildlife homeless after all. I sobbed while watching him eating his takeaway after being chased out from neighbour's kitchen. Mum tried to consoles me about the damages. I know. That is why I am sad. I am at lost to help. Torn.

There is a very big part of me worrying about the monkey's presence because of my cats. Take a look at the video below. You will know what I meant.

I am super sure the kitten was kidnapped, rather than being adopted. Look how scared little kitten was! Kitty kept trying to escaped from the deluded monkey. Yikes! Please don't take my furkids away!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment