Saturday, March 24, 2018

Astonish Oven & Cookware Cleaner

Over-packed by a very careful and considerate seller!

I'm one step away from ordering the Easy-Off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner online. Couldn't get it to ship from Amazon US to Malaysia/Singapore. Found a seller sending to Malaysia via 11th Street for a couple of hundred ringgit 😰instead.

Going to try this (Astonish) for a start. I cannot stand my oven having any cooked on grease mark of any sort. OCD.

Surprisingly, this brand (Astonish) is pretty affordable to get, and easily, in Malaysia! Leaping Bunny approved, too!

First usage;

  1. Dry nylon scouring pad.
  2. Spread and light scrubbing in oven wall.
  3. Waited for 10 minutes.
  4. Scrub a little more with a bit of water.
  5. Wipe off.
Nope. Just a little better but not COMPLETELY clean 😢 Prior to this, I have tried using the same method with toothpaste. Comparing these two (Astonish vs Toothpaste), my toothpaste works better without leaving a dull finishing on my oven (inner) wall!

This Astonish cleaning paste reminded me of Jif! Now renamed as Cif! in Malaysia, I think. Which was my all time go-to cleaner, for many purpose, in the late 90's and early 2000's. Cheaper than Astonish, too. Sigh.

So, if you're like me, who seriously expect to clean your oven like new again, this one is not going to cut it.

I'm going to scout a bit more to get my hands on that Easy-Off Heavy Duty Oven Cleaner soon.


0 comments:

Post a Comment